Friday, November 16, 2007

Stepping Stones

Well folks, I'm slowly building more skill and confidence in posting these entries. Recently, I've added a clock that displays Okinawa time and two other RSS feeds: Top right block is the Okinawa weather report by The Weather Channel; Bottom bar is rotating headline news from around the world from various agencies.
Just for a little flair, I added kan'ji (Japanese characters) to the header. Syllabically, it reads: eh ru nii no bu do ken kyuu sho. エルニーの武道研究所. Obviously, it means "Ernie's Budo Lab-oratory. Currently, I'm only able to use a basic unicode font. It's nothing special. I'd love to be able to type kan'ji with a more artful font. But, this works for me now. It's slow as molasses grabbing these ideographs off of html charts with copy/paste functions, as I don't have a kan'ji wordpro converter...yet.

Coming up..."Tools of the Trade" All the tools, jigs, rigs, and plans for making (octagonal) hakakukei nunchaku.

Stay glued to the flat tube!
Ernie - Chief Lab Rat

No comments: