Monday, January 14, 2008

Disaster!

Sorry folks...I shot one hour's worth of video and then paired it down to ten minutes as YouTube requires. But, my file size was still way too big (2.1 Gigs).

I cut the video into two halves (planning to post them as "part 1" and "part 2" and then my 'puter started screaming for more disk space. I inadvertantly lost some scene information in the second half as I was transferring the project to my external drive. For some reason, I couldn't recover the data from Premiere's autosave file.

Luckily, I exported the entire file in .avi format before the disaster struck. So, I can use that video to guide my "new and improved" version.

Looking back now, even though I spent the whole weekend working on this, I'm seeing this as a blessing in disguise: This project's pace was way too slow. This video shouldn't be any longer than five minutes. What was I thinking?

A few things I know I need to do: Get a proper lighting kit and a higher resolution camera. And, I need some kind of workshop to do these "how to" demos.

It's almost 3:00 AM and that's the reason why I shelving this failed project. But don't worry. As promised, I will post video on how to re-string nunchaku using the "triple string" method.

At least I got to teach a student this morning (uh no, that was yesterday morning).

I need sleep,
Ernie - Chief Lab Rat

No comments: