Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sarcasm 101

I enjoy a good dose of sarcasm. Sarcasm is what keeps me sane. Too bad some people confuse sarcasm with "rude insensitivity." I believe the Brits are the best at it. Rowan Atkinson is a master of it (check out his Black Adder series).

Who would've thought, we had a sarcasm expert on this side of the pond. Check out Jennifer's lesson here:



Her choice of presenting from her living room makes me feel comfortable...NOT!

2 comments:

aviva5271 said...

So I'm curious - is it a huge coincidence that your posts on cats & sarcasm are so timely with my life?

I'm a Jersey girl and with that comes a whole lot of sarcasm. I have no doubt it's rubbing off on my kid because I can see it now. I think it shows an advanced sense of humor, and it bugs me when someone takes me seriously when I'm being obviously sarcastic. I know I've offended people in the past, I try to work on that.

So glad to know Mia's going to get some vitamins out of it though - makes it easier on the planning of her totally organic raw diet since I'm busy hand-weaving her clothing and making sushi for her Saturday morning bento.

aviva5271 said...

NOT!