This is my second grade class photo. In an earlier post, I expressed my infatuation with Mrs. Gagnet. (She's gorgeous!) I'm the only Filipino in the class, so I shouldn't be hard to find.
[Original]

[HP Auto Color Corrected]

I'm so glad I found this picture before the color deteriorated too far. I'm going to archive this in gray scale as well.
Odd, I can still remember a few of my classmates names. Eric is to Mrs. Gagnet's left. Wade is top left. The guy in the white shirt (center) is Skip. I think the girl up front, left is Julie. And the half-pint behind Skip is Scooter...maybe?
In other classrooms, the coat room was accessible from both sides of the room. Kids often used the passageways as places to run laps and play tag before and after class. Mrs. Gagnet was smart enough to close off one side with a fish net to control traffic and tame us wild children.
3 comments:
Hey
I'm a Gagnet - not too many of us around. Sure we're related. What was her first name - or husband's name. I'm originally from New Orleans but living in bama now.
Thanks,
Phil Gagnet
Michelle was her first name. I never learned her husband's name. I don't think too many 7 year old boys want to know anything about their pretty teacher's husband.
Such is life...thanks for stopping by.
Ernie, Chief Lab Rat
my mom has all my old school pictures, this is just too cool! With a kid in kindergarten, I've been wondering if i could remember classmate names if given the picture of Mrs. Wallman's afternoon kindergarten class in 1976-77.
Post a Comment