Sunday, September 7, 2008

Budo Rant #2

I don't get pissed off easily. I give most people a lot of wiggle room and forgiveness before I cast them off.

One problem with open forums on the internet is the vulnerablity to hate speech or unjustified negative comments. I've created a new rule for my YouTube account. I will delete negative comments made by people posting from "fake" channels. Fake channels on YouTube are created by people to be used to shield their identities from the public. These people are often referred to as "haters." I'm perfectly willing to accept negative/constructive criticism on my YouTube channel so long as I can respond back in the public forum to "real" accounts. I define a real account on YouTube as a channel that depicts the true identity of the member with a facial record, their real first name (at least), and original video content.

Here's an incident I recorded that I hope I'll never have to repeat:

2 comments:

aviva5271 said...

(off topic - I'm thinking you didn't streamline this for online viewing b/c it's taking FOREVER to download. On fiberoptic cable)

I couldn't agree more. People leave obnoxious comments occasionally - usually on my photography business blog. Once it was making fun of how the couple looked that I took pictures of (in a very mean spirited way), and once it was about my photoshop skills being better than my photography skills and that was from a pretty untalented photographer if that's even who REALLY made that comment. Suffice it all to say, I too do not post these comments. If you don't have the cojones to put your thoughts with your name, you're not worth my time and your opinion means nothing.
EOR

erniesbudolab said...

For one reason or another, YouTube (that is Google), constantly installs updates and in the process slows everything down. They're even doing lots of stuff to Blogger. Thankfully, the blogs aren't as hampered as the vlogs.