Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pretty Girl - Cover (Pretty Boy/M2M)

Whenever I hear a song I want to learn how to play and make a part of my repetoire, inevitably the song is usually sung by a woman or women. From Bjork to Alison Kraus to Joni Mitchell, women have a musical voice that grips my heart at the intro.

Pretty Boy was a hit song in the 90's. M2M was a Norwegian pop music duo composed of two girls - Marion Elise Raven and Marit Elisabeth Larsen (Wikipedia).

To make this song my own, I had to change "boy" to "girl." I made my own guitar arrangement because other covers of this song I found on YouTube I found sadly lacking in rhythm and melody. Mine isn't perfect and as always, with my guitar playng, is a work in progress.

I play this song so much better off camera. It's not so much nerves, but impatience with the production process.



All the different ladies that have given me laughter, inspiration, an ear, and nourishment...this is dedicated to you!

1 comment:

aviva5271 said...

This is lovely, Ernie!