Sunday, June 22, 2008

Questions to Asian Males About AMWF Relationships

A fellow YouTuber sent me a link to the video below. I watched her video several times so that I could rephrase her questions in my mind. The second video below were my responses.





I became aware of Asians and White people co-mingling in the early 1970's. This was a time when Vietnamese refugees were arriving in the United States by the thousands. For years, Servicemen were bringing home Asian brides from Korea, the Philippines, and Japan. Predominantly, couples were made up of White men and Asian women. The reverse, Asian men and White women, was an extreme rarity.

Only in the last ten years or so, have Asian American men been able to rise in status in the USA. This has been accomplished partly due to rising prominence in business, sports, entertainment, and intellectual opportunities. Some may also note that perhaps it is just "our time" to enjoy the chance of becoming a popular option for not just White women, but for all kinds of women.

The old stereotype of Asian men being geeky, nerdy, and low on self-esteem is out the window. These stereotypes were actually prejudicial interpretations of Asian character. What was most offensive was the perception of "low self-esteem." In Asian culture, "humility" and the ability to humble one's self is seen as a virtuous trait in a person.

In the USA, according to the current socio-economic norms, if I want to succeed in the dating scene (to attract Asian women AND other ethnicities), I need to be boisterous, self-centered, and treat women like objects. If this is true, I'd rather go on living lonely and alone. That's not who I am. I'm a warrior and gentleman which means I approach everyone with a measured cup of respect.

One last note: Even tough guys need to be rescued. Please ladies, sweep me off my feet!

3 comments:

The Howes Family said...

I found this so interesting as I am a white girl married to a Filipino. He is in the military so I did not marry him for his money! ha

When we lived in Korea the Filipinas who met my kids would come to meet me. Not knowing I was white. The faces on those women when they realized I was the white one in the family. To funny.

erniesbudolab said...

Yes! Pinay Pwned! An instant classic.

erniesbudolab said...

I'm sorry to report that Michelle was compelled to close her YouTube account due to her political views. Views that had nothing to do with inter-racial relationships, mind you. I'll post further news about her new YouTube channel, time permitting.